Koliko je Twisted Metal zapravo velika, moćna i željno iščekivana PlayStation 3 ekskluziva, pokazale su reakcije, tj. prosvjedi fanova, nakon nedavne objave o odgodi dotičnog naslova za 2012. godinu. Toliko (očito) neželjenu odgodu sa stilom i pomalo temperamentno najavio je David Jaffe, čovjek iz Eat Sleep Play razvojnog studia, koji radi novi Twisted Metal. Sada, nakon što se je na dotičnu odluku obrušila “cijela gaming zajednica”, Jaffe nam/im nije ostao dužan, već je vrlo odlučno stao u obranu onog čime je i prije opravdavao odgodu, a to je nedovršenost igre, koju u takvom izdanju ne namjerava izbaciti u prodaju. Iz povećeg citata kojeg ćete imati prilike pročitati u nastavku vijesti, izdvojio bih samo njegov kraj, koji se nadovezuje na neke od stvari koje u Eat Sleep Playu namjeravaju popraviti i unaprijediti:
“So imagine about 250 of those sorts of things. Could we ship without change a single one? Totally and it would still be a really fun game. But it would not be good enough for us. And certainly not for you.”
Iako je već stekao brojne “hejtere“, Jaffe će svojim vrlo logičnim, obećavajućim i “ko britva” oštrim izjavama (“you deserve our best“) zasigurno sakupiti i ogroman broj fanova… Ostatak izjave slijedi u nastavku vijesti, na vama je da je pročitate, a kasnije se uključite u rasprave u našoj Twisted Metal temi, koja bi, upravo zbog Jaffea, mogla biti itekako aktivno mjesto za rasprave!
“No real way to ship Twisted Metal sooner than the date we are currently shooting for (early 2012)…Sorry for the delay. But the extra months are really needed for polish and we feel we need more than 4-6 weeks (which would see us hitting shelves in your suggested November time frame) of polish/tuning. Also hitting smack dab in mid Nov/Mid Dec is a bad time to release this game (although that was not the reason we delayed AT ALL…we WANTED to be out in Oct)…but the extra time gives us more time to balance weapons, tune vehicle handling, tune the EXP progression for levelling up, etc…I assure you, better to be a LITTLE ANNOYED in the short term versus hate us forever for shipping a game that’s not up to your understandably high expectations. ANY money is a lot to ask from someone for entertainment. 60 bucks is a S**TE TON to ask for so if we are going to charge that, you deserve our best…even if it takes a little longer than we anticipated.
Some examples of stuff we’re not happy with yet- which should allow you and others to really peek behind the scenes at the kind of stuff this kind of extra time will allow:
- Iron Maiden has a few boss attacks that don’t have strong enough telegraphs (aka- the player isn’t able to clearly, consistently tell when she is going to launch the attack)
- Iron Maiden has an attack that- even if you can see it coming- the player is not really sure how to avoid it besides using a shield (and we want the player to always have another defensive ability beyond a shield)
- We are not 100% happy with the XP rank up tuning….we don’t want you to be able to hit the level cap too soon but we also don’t want the level cap to be so hard to reach that only super amazing hard core can reach it
- There are 1-2 online trophies that will motivate players to take actions that go against the more team oriented aspects of some of the modes and thus will piss off other players so we need to rethink and replace those
- Pick up placements for split screen local gaming needs more attention
- Pick up regen timing needs some tuning…
So imagine about 250 of those sorts of things. Could we ship without change a single one? Totally and it would still be a really fun game. But it would not be good enough for us. And certainly not for you.”