Chad Cox iz Eat Sleep Playa objavio je jučer na američkom PS blogu neke pojedinosti vezane uz gameplay same igre, kao i sadržaj multiplayer demoa, kojeg pak na europskom blogu nazivaju betom, iako se sadržajno ne razlikuju. Demo ili ako hoćete, multiplayer beta, od maloprije je dostupan i na HR Storeu, a sadrži osam vozila i dva MP moda; klasični Deathmatch i Nuke mode, koji je zapravo CTF pod drugim imenom. Uz dva online moda, tu je i Challenge mod za uvježbavanje prije brutalnih MP okršaja. Demo će biti aktualan do 7. veljače, stoga brže-bolje na skidanje i u akciju! Spomenuti gameplay detalji zapravo su izvučeni iz nekih odgovora na pitanja zajednice, kojoj je odgovarao David Jaffe. Jeste li već zaigrali demo? Ostavite svoje dojmove u našoj Twisted Metal temi.
- Twisted Metal features both party and clan system support.
- Splitscreen local co-op is in. The game has co-op campaign support, but whether it’s a separate mode or if the regular campaign mode has co-op support is unclear. Splitscreen co-op is also supported for 2-4 players on the same television screen for free for all and team games, which have lots of host options for tweaking and adjustments. 2 players can choose from over 30 levels to play co-op on, whereas 3-4 players have 10 levels to choose from.
- Pedestrians have gameplay relevance. For instance, in Black Rock Stadium, players can park their vehicles on pressure plates. If left there long enough, someone in the level’s audience gets ejected from the stands. The audience member is either wearing a vest with a cross or a question mark on it. Audience members wearing crosses give health, whereas members wearing a question mark give a random weapon pick up.
- Also, if you kill an enemy, the driver and gunner eject from the explosion and their burning bodies run around for a few seconds before they die. If players can take out the driver, they get a little extra health. If players can take out the gunner, they get a random weapon.
- All of the human characters that made it into Twisted Metal are favorites of the team. Besides Sweet Tooth, the team also likes Calypso, Mr. Grimm, Dollface, and Preacher. They also “tend to dig” No Face and Minion. However, they do say that they miss Thumper, Pit Viper, Yellow Jacket, Twisted, and Mr. Slam.